Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Other Intentions

We came home one day to see very large boxes sitting in the yard from new appliances being delivered to other apartments in our neighborhood and I thought to myself, “Wow would Justin have fun with that.” So Kenny and I proceeded to bring in a box the size of a refrigerator. Let me tell you, Justin flipped when he returned home from school and immediately wanted windows and a door carved into it. I happily obliged. :) We have played ninja, star wars, hide and seek and many other imaginary things with this box as all the toys he has acquired over the years sit in his room. Give a child a box and he ignores all his toys.

As time passed he began to play with his toys again and the box has just been in his room.(we have had it now for about six months) I asked him if we could throw it out and he said. “Mommy you can’t throw it out it is my base.” So I left it in his room for a few more days. Two days ago I pulled the box out of his room and asked him if he wanted any changes made to his base and of course he did (what was I thinking). So I dug around for the utility knife as he was describing to me what he wanted to do. I was cutting out a rather large hole when Kenny Said “be careful, pretty soon there will not be anything left of that box.” I looked over at him and grinned. (Do you see were this is going? I am so awfull) Well I took some pictures for you to see. He really was having a great time even though he looks bored out of his mind. :)

Lately he has been waking up in the night to come into our bed but the night he fell asleep in his box he slept all night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love, Grandma

Jessa said...

Your new background looks great! Our kids have loved boxes too - we kept a couple that our dining rm chairs came in when we moved to Baltimore. The girls had so much fun making them into houses. That is so cute letting him sleep in it! I bet that was fun. Last week, we made a tunnel out of the empty moving boxes at Bridget's and Daniel did NOT want to leave! :)